Television series from the United States of America that follows the misadventures of a space colony ship’s crew when it becomes lost in space. This show is a reimagining of the original Swiss Family Robinson series from 1965.
Zack Estrin serves as showrunner for the sitcom created by Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless and produced by Legendary Television, Synthesis Entertainment, Clickety-Clack Productions, and Applebox Entertainment.
The first season premiered on Netflix on April 13, 2018, and it was renewed for a second season the following month. On December 24, 2019, the second season debuted. On December 1, 2021, the third and last season premiered.
Lost in Space Cast
- John Robinson, Ph.D. (Guy Williams), expedition leader and father to the Robinson kids. Robinson has a background in both astronomy and applied planetary geology.
- Maureen Robinson, Ph.D. (June Lockhart), is a biochemist and compassionate presence who can be found in the kitchen, the garden, or doing some light construction work.
- Jupiter 2’s pilot, Major Don West (Mark Goddard).
- Youngest Robinson sibling Judy Robinson (Marta Kristen).
- Angela Cartwright plays Penny Robinson, the Robinsons’ middle child. A creative youngster of eleven who takes delight in classical music and the company of animals. A chimpanzee-like alien pet named Debbie (despite the characters’ use of masculine pronouns) and commonly called the “bloop” for the sound it makes is something she obtains early in the series.
- The youngest Robinson is named Will (Billy Mumy). He’s only nine years old, but he’s already a computer and electronics whiz kid in the first season.
- General Zachary Smith (Jonathan Harris) – In the pilot episode, he serves as Alpha Control’s flight surgeon; later in the series, he is depicted as a “Doctor of Intergalactic Environmental Psychology,” a cybernetics expert, and an enemy agent. Because of his effort to sabotage the trip, he is now stuck on Jupiter 2.
- Bob May’s robot (Dick Tufeld’s voice) – The Robot, an unnamed B-9 model robot used for controlling the surroundings. The machine possessed futuristic weaponry and superhuman strength. It frequently exhibits human emotions including joy, grief, and ridicule. Robert Kinoshita created the mechanical man.
Guest Star of Lost in Space
Several actors appeared in guest roles throughout the show’s three seasons:
- M. Ansara, Michael
- “John Carradine”
- Exhibit A: Ted Cassidy
- The Conrad, Michael
- Mr. Hans Conried
- Mr. Wally Cox
- Dano, King
- It was Tommy Farrell.
- To wit: Fritz Feld
- Pronunciation: Kevin Hagen
- Mr. Alan Hewitt
- The eminent Sherry Jackson
- Artist: Arte Johnson
- To paraphrase Werner Klemperer
- A. Norman Leavitt
- A.L. Lewis
- A. Strother Martin
- It was Don Matheson who said it.
- Author: Mercedes McCambridge
- Byron Morrow
- Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Warren Oates
- Patrick Dennis
- Parfrey, Woodrow
- MJ Pollard, Michael J.
- M. Rennie Michael
- In this case, we’re talking about Kurt Russell.
- Salmi, Albert
- Sullivan, Grant
- Dr. Daniel J. Travanti
- L. Wagner, Jr.
- Waggoner, Lyle
Is There Any Truth to the Premise of Lost in Space?
Originally airing on CBS from 1965 to 1968, Irwin Allen’s Lost in Space is an American science fiction television series. The Swiss Family Robinson, published in 1812, served as a source of motivation for the show.
lost in space is a reimagining of the original Swiss Family Robinson series from 1965. It follows the misadventures of a space colony ship’s crew when it becomes lost in space.
A chimpanzee-like alien pet named Debbie is commonly called the “bloop” for the sound it makes. Zachary Smith (Jonathan Harris) – In the pilot episode, he serves as Alpha Control’s flight surgeon.
General Zachary Smith is depicted as a “Doctor of Intergalactic Environmental Psychology” Bob May’s robot (Dick Tufeld’s voice). The Robot possessed futuristic weaponry and superhuman strength.
Comments are closed.