Dynasty is a reboot of the 1980s soap opera of the same name. Elizabeth Gillies plays Fallon Carrington, Grant Show plays her father Blake Carrington, Nathalie Kelley plays Blake’s new wife Cristal, and James Mackay plays his son Steven.
Robert Christopher Riley plays chauffeur Michael Culhane, Sam Adegoke plays tech billionaire Jeff Colby, Rafael de la Fuente plays Cristal’s nephew and Steven’s love interest Sam “Sammy Jo” Jones, and Alan Dale plays Joseph Andes.
Alexis Carrington (Nicollette Sheridan/Elaine Hendrix), Blake and Jeff’s ex-wife and mother of Adam, Steven, Fallon, and Amanda; Anders’ daughter Kirby (Maddison Brown); Blake’s third wife Cristal Jennings (Ana Brenda Contreras/Daniella Alonso); Blake and Alexis’ long-missing son Adam Carrington (Sam Underwood); Blake’s half-sister Dominique Deveraux (Micha (Eliza Bennett).
The September 2016 pilot was greenlit in May 2017. Dynasty aired on The CW and Netflix on October 11, 2017, respectively. Dynasty was renewed for 22 episodes on November 8, 2017.
The fifth season premiered on December 20, 2021, after being renewed on February 3, 2021. The fifth season will be the last in May 2022. The last episode aired in 2022.
- Heiress and successful businesswoman Fallon Carrington (Elizabeth Gillies), daughter of Blake Carrington and his first wife Alexis (Liam Ridley), is portrayed by Gillies.
- In Season 2, Gillies temporarily takes on the role of Alexis Carrington as well.
- Cristal Flores Carrington and Nathalie Kelley as Celia Machado (season 1) Here we have Fallon’s new stepmother, a woman with a questionable past.
- Fallon’s homosexual environmentalist half-brother Steven Carrington is portrayed by James Mackay in seasons 1–2 and as a guest star in season 5.
View this post on Instagram
- Michael Culhane, played by Robert Christopher Riley, is Fallon’s on-again, off-again lover and Carrington’s former chauffeur.
- Blake’s youthful business adversary, Jeff Colby (Sam Adegoke), is finally revealed to be his nephew.
- To play Celia’s wayward nephew and Steven’s ex-husband, Sammy Jo Jones, Rafael de la Fuente was cast.
- Alan Dale played Joseph Anders, the Carrington manservant and biological father of Kirby and Steven, in seasons one through four.
- Blake Carrington, played by Grant Show, is the CEO of Carrington Atlantic and the father of Adam, Fallon, and Amanda by his first wife, Alexis.
- Alexis Carrington was played by Nicollette Sheridan (guest-starring in season 1, primary cast in season 2) and Elaine Hendrix (regular cast in seasons 3–5). Blake and Jeff’s ex-wife and mother of their four children, Colby Dexter, is Dex’s wife.
The Carringtons and the Colbys, two of the wealthiest families in America, are at odds over who should raise their children and who should inherit the family fortune in “Dynasty,” a reboot of Esther Shapiro and Richard Shapiro’s popular 1981–1989 series.
Fallon Carrington believes she has the flair and savviness to take over as chief operating officer of her father’s worldwide oil corporation.
When Fallon Carrington and her brother Steven are reunited with their father, Blake Carrington, at their Atlanta home, Fallon is shocked to hear that the visit isn’t to celebrate her promotion but rather to introduce them to their new stepmother, Cristal. Fallon would rather prick her finger than refer to Cristal as “Mom,” because families are built on blood.
Following the tragic events of the first season’s climax and the destruction of their home and business in a fire, the Carringtons will use these setbacks as opportunities to rebuild and reimagine who they are.
Fallon (Elizabeth Gillies), shrewd and charismatic heir apparent, plans to rebrand the family dynasty in an effort to save it, but putting a woman of only twenty-five in command of billions of dollars in liquid assets may prove to be a terrible move.
Almost as bad as Fallon’s love affairs… While Blake (Grant Show) does not approve of her new beau, she finds herself falling in love with a man from a wealthy and somewhat eccentric family.
Neither does Alexis’s (Nicollette Sheridan) mother, who, in the way only mothers can, will always find a way to interfere in her daughter’s life.
New Colbys emerge, such as Blake’s famous stepsister Dominique Deveraux, and the entrance of Anders’ (Alan Dale) daughter threatens to change everything up when she unpacks her trunk full of secrets about the Carrington family.
The Carringtons will show once again that blood is thicker than oil and that there’s nothing like the diamond-encrusted connections that bind, despite all the tumultuous relationships and even more surprise guests expected to show up in Season Two.
Dynasty is a reboot of the 1980s soap opera of the same name. Elizabeth Gillies plays Fallon Carrington, and Grant Show plays her father Blake Carrington.
Nathalie Kelley plays Blake’s new wife Cristal, and James Mackay plays his son Steven. The series is a reboot of Esther Shapiro and Richard Shapiro’s popular 1981–1989 series. The Carringtons will use their setbacks as opportunities to rebuild and reimagine who they are.