When it was released in 2019, the film ‘Given,’ with its honest and humble portrayal of homosexual romance, became an instant smash.
Japanese manga artist Natsuki Kizu drew inspiration for the storyline of the shounen-ai (boys’ love) anime that came to be. Ritsuka Uenoyama, electric guitarist, and Mafuyu Sat, vocalist and bassist, are joined by bassist Haruki Nakayama and drummer Akihiko Kaji, for this story.
In the manga, there are around two plot arcs. ” Mafuyu Sat and Ritsuka Uenoyama had the first-arc romance, while Haruki Nakayama and Akihiko Kaji’s love story was the subject of a second-arc romance.
The first season ran from July 12th to September 20th, 2019, and a movie was released in August of the following year.
It remains to be seen if “Given” will return for future episodes or films after exhausting all of the accessible source material. What we do know is summarised in the following paragraphs and table.
Who Can Be in Given Season 2?
- Mafuyu Sato, the band’s lead singer and guitarist, is a 16-year-old high school student. Mafuyu has a natural knack for singing and playing the guitar. Pets are very important to him. In the audio drama, Soma Saito delivers the voice and in animation, Shogo Yano gives the voice.
- Ritsuka Uenoyama is a 16 years old high school lad and the lead guitarist of the band. Because of his natural musical aptitude and his early exposure to the guitar, he’s spent countless hours honing his skills.
- Akihiko Kaji, the group’s drummer, is a 20-year-old college student. He is proficient in a variety of instruments, including the violin. He had connections with men as well as women and grasped the topics of passion and love. Satoshi Hino voices in audio drama and Takuya Eguchi voices in animation.
- Haruki Nakayama, The band’s 22-year-old leader, and bassist is the eldest member and also a graduate student. He adores Akihito and wants to be with the boy. In audio drama, Yasuaki Takumi offers the voice while in animation Masatomo Nakazawa gives the voice.
- A former boyfriend of Mafuyu’s, Yuki Yoshida attempted suicide after a breakup with him.
- Ugetsu Murata is a world well-known musician, and Akihiko’s ex-boyfriend and roommate.
- Yayoi Uenoyama, Shogo Italya, Rye Ueki, Hiiragi Kashima, Tsubaki, and Koji Yatake round out the cast as supporting players.
What Is the Plot of ‘Given,’ and What Will Most Likely Happen in Season 2?
The first season of the anime focused on Ritsuka Uenoyama, an electric guitarist, and Mafuyu Sat, a vocalist, as well as the foundation of their band, ‘Given.’ Ritsuka was taken aback by Mafuyu’s singing voice.
So he asks him if he’d want to sing in their band with them. This was their first time on stage, and everything went smoothly. Ritsuka learns he has fallen for Mafuyu along the journey. Bassist Haruki Nakayama, another band member, is torn between his feelings for drummer Akihiko Kaji and the rest of the band.
Akihiko, on the other hand, was still dating his roommate, musician Ugetsu Murata, at the time. The story of Haruki Nakayama and Akihiko Kaji was further developed and emphasized in the film, which served as a prequel to the first season.
There is a good chance that the next story arc will continue to focus on the bandmates’ growing romantic entanglements. No one knows what will happen next, but we know it will be authentic and heartfelt, just like the prior chapters.
Season 2 of ‘Given’ may be launched at any time
It has not been announced that there will be a new season of the anime, but based on our speculation, there is a good chance that there will be a new season in the future.
It is quite unlikely that there will be a new season airing in 2022 or 2023 given the length of time it takes to renew the show and produce new episodes. As a result, the premiere date of the probable new season may be a bit behind schedule.
The manga does not yet have enough source material. The second season could not premiere until 2024 or 2025 at the earliest.
We have, indeed, reached the final section of this article. I wanted to take the opportunity to share some knowledge with you through this post.
I’m sure hearing that the second season of Given is almost here brings you a lot of joy and excitement, and I hope that’s how you feel. Consequently, you should maintain this level of excitement and wait for the next episodes of the second season of Given.